Saturday, May 20, 2006

Friday!

Another whirlwind day… Santa Maria del Mar, the train station built for the World Exhibition, the Park de la Citudatella, the Library de las Aguas (which we circled twice trying to find the magic door), Town Hall, another tout through the Barri Gothic followed by a lecture at the Ministry of Culture, and finally the Catalonian version of the White House – the Casa Blanca, if you will.

The best thing I have to say about today is that it is Friday, meaning we do not meet again until Monday and I can finally sleep in, relax, do a little foot pampering, hit the beach, and drink a little wine in the park while contemplating topics for my papers.

Then again, my roommate Serena just uttered the words flea market – so I of course will have to make time for that. I guess I am part girl after all…

One more thing… the wine here is fantastic, the food here is stupendous, and the gelato rocks my world.

Okay, it’s after one in the morning and I’ve been going non-stop since 8 a.m., so I’m wrecked. Out like trout!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home