Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Brief Clarification


It was brought to my attention that I had made a typo in a previous blog regarding when exactly the Olympics here in Barcelona were. After a bit of conversation over dinner and sangria this evening, I realized that I was confused and so had probably confused everyone else. So here is a brief timeline to refer to in case anyone is interested, and also for my own clarification...

1889 : Barcelona hosts the first World Exposition (to promote the city more than anything else)

1929: Another World Exposition (the second for Barcelona, and also when the vast majority of the compound mentioned in the "Olympic Glory" blog was created)

1992: Barcelona hosts the Olympic Games, expanding upon the exisiting park area of the 1929 Exposition and building the afore-mentioned telecomunications tower

Okay, I think this is correct... but there may need to be further discussion over sangria... only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home